Property Insurance

Comprehensive cover for commercial and residential property

Insuring your property through Real Insurance

Whether you’re a commercial landlord needing the right protection for a portfolio of properties, or simply need cover for your holiday home, Real Insurance can help. Property insurance comes in many guises and it can be difficult to ensure that you have the right protection in place, particularly if the building is of an unusual construction or is multi-use.

As specialist business insurance brokers with years of experience finding cover for property owners, we’re ideally positioned to find you the cover you need.

What types of Property Insurance are there?

Properties come in all shapes and sizes, and there’s a whole range of property insurance policies designed to address specific requirements. That said, in terms of building cover, most property insurance policies will provide cover for a number of common requirements:

  • Fire Damage

  • Storm and flood damage

  • Explosions caused by gas leaks or faulty electrics

  • Theft and attempted theft

  • Malicious damage and vandalism

  • Subsidence and land heave damage

We can arrange insurance for both personal and commercial buildings as well as their contents where required. We can also provide property insurance quotes where its just land or if you have unusual circumstances – for example undertaking a self build project or renovating an existing building. These are all examples of where policies become more specific and specialized in their nature.

When looking to insure a property, it’s always worth speaking with an independent insurance broker like Real Insurance. We take time to gather all the information that an insurer would need in order to provide adequate protection without you paying out for cover you simply don’t need. Call us today!

Talk to a member of our specialist insurance broking team today

Who needs Property Insurance?

Anyone who owns a property would be well advised to take out property insurance. If the property is mortgaged, it will most likely be a condition of your mortgage lender that the property is adequately insured. If the property isn’t mortgaged, it’s still likely to represent a significant investment that you’d presumably want to protect.

Things to consider when buying Property Insurance

The first common mistake is in misunderstanding how to calculate the value of the property, so that any policy bought can pay out a sum reflective of the valuation. You should calculate the value based on re-build costs, not market value. Its likely that its worth getting a property surveyor involved so that you can be sure you have the right level of cover in place.

Do you need your property insurance to cover the building only, or contents as well? Even if the property is tenanted, it’s likely that some of your items will be in the property – tools and maintenance machinery, for example. If you have a multi-tenanted property, it’s important not to overlook how the common areas (stairwells and lifts, for example, as well as any garden area or car park) are insured.

Depending on your particular circumstances, there are potentially many considerations and if you miss one, you risk being underinsured – or not protected at all. Call Real Insurance today. We’ll be happy to discuss your requirements, make recommendations and arrange a policy for you.

Why arrange your insurance through Real Insurance?

We can offer professional advice about the types of cover that you may be legally required to have as well as those that are likely to have a material relevance to your property, meaning you get the peace of mind that comes from knowing an advisor has looked over your requirements with you.

Why not pick up the phone or send us your information through now? We’re happy to discuss your property insurance needs and get a range of quotes from a range of leading insurers for you to choose from.

Real Insurance Brokers UK
Real Insurance Brokers UK