Business Vehicle Insurance

Tailored cover at competitive prices

Why do I need commercial vehicle insurance for my business?

You are required by law to carry a certain minimum level of insurance for every one of your organisation’s commercial vehicles. Even where you or your workers are using personal cars, personal vehicle insurance may not cover you for business use – you need a specialist commercial vehicle insurance policy when you use them for business purposes beyond simply driving to and from work.

Beyond needing a commercial vehicle policy, where you have more than two vehicles being used by your business, you may find that taking out a ‘mini fleet’ insurance policy to be cost effective as well as reducing administration. With a mini fleet policy, you can insure more than two vehicles, be they cars, vans or trucks on the same policy. You can also add a number of drivers for greater flexibility and convenience.

If you’d like to know more about your commercial motor vehicle options (and obligations), call Real Insurance Brokers today!

What is Business Vehicle Insurance?

Business vehicle insurance is almost exactly like your own personal car insurance, in most cases.

It protects both pedestrians and anyone else on the road in case there is an accident that is ruled to be your fault (or the fault of your driver) at a minimum, and it can be expanded to be ‘comprehensive’ and beyond, protecting your business against the cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle, its load, and even the loss of business represented by having it in the garage – if you select those options when you set up the policy.

There is often a distinction between “business vehicle insurance”, which covers lorries, delivery vans and similar vehicles, and “commercial vehicle insurance” which , but not all insurers use exactly the same terms.

Pay close attention to the terms of the policy, to make sure you are actually getting what you need.

0330 058 0260

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Talk to a member of our specialist insurance broking team today

What is covered or included in a business vehicle insurance policy?

As with personal vehicle insurance, you can take out three types of business vehicle insurance – Third Party Only, Third Party Fire and Theft, and Fully Comprehensive. Usually, we’d really only recommend Fully Comprehensive for business use.

Sometimes spouses are covered under commercial vehicle insurance policies automatically, but other times they are not. Similarly, where you have people working for you who may need to drive the vehicle(s), cover can be arranged to accommodate that.

How much does business vehicle insurance cost?

This depends on a number of factors. Firstly, what sort of vehicle it is as well as the age of the drivers and their own driving history. Beyond that, insurers will want to know how many miles the vehicle will be doing annually, as well as what sort of driving – ie. motorway or just local roads.

Other insurance to consider when buying commercial vehicle insurance

When taking out your business motor policy, there are a range of extensions and additional covers that you may wish to consider. Breakdown cover might be appropriate, as might goods in transit and insurance for possessions in the vehicle. To find out more, call us today.

Check carefully, as you may need to add your spouse as a named driver if they ever do work-related driving.

Why choose Real Insurance to arrange my Business Vehicle Insurance?

We understand the (admittedly complicated) requirements for commercial and business vehicle insurance, and can help you select a policy that covers you fully without you having to pay for more than you actually need.

Contact us today to discuss your situation, and how we can help.

Real Insurance Brokers UK
Real Insurance Brokers UK